Christopher B. Dolan
888-545-9519 (Toll Free)
Chris Dolan is one of the most widely respected trial lawyers in California. He has been selected as the Statewide Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of California, Trial Lawyer of the Year by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, received the prestigious California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) award and has been designated as one of the Top 100 lawyers in California by the California Daily Journal and the California Super Lawyers. He was elected by his peers as the President of the Consumer Attorneys of California, the largest statewide association of trial lawyers in the United States and is rated highest in both his ethics and abilities.
Since graduating from Georgetown University Law Center, with high honors, Chris has worked tirelessly, and solely, on behalf of people who have been physically and emotionally injured by the unlawful conduct of others. Having tried over 40 cases to verdict, Chris is known to be one of the most effective and aggressive advocates in California with an outstanding record of success. He has vast experience in representing individuals against insurance companies, fortune 500 companies, governments, hospitals and product manufacturers. He established the Dolan Law Firm in 1995 and has grown the firm to be one of the largest and most successful groups of attorneys who dedicate themselves to seeking justice and fair compensation for Californians. He has achieved over $100,000,000 in verdicts and settlements for his clients. He holds the largest recorded verdict in the history of the United States civil rights movement for individual race discrimination ($61,000,000).
Chris frequently appears before the California Senate and Assembly to help shape laws that promote access to justice and preservation of the constitutional right to a jury trial. He is the author of numerous pieces of legislation which have been passed into law. As a frequent lecturer and author of scholarly legal articles, in the areas of trial practice, dangerous conditions of public property, public transportation liability, evidence, medical malpractice, civil rights and employment discrimination, Chris is frequently called upon to provide continuing education, throughout the state, to other lawyers.
Chris is often called upon as a legal expert on numerous national and local television and radio programs including the O'Reilly Factor, Fox News, Dateline NBC, CNN, KRON and NPR. His work in the field of law has been recognized by official proclamation in the California Senate and Assembly and by the City and County of San Francisco.
Chris's legal experience is exemplified by the fact that many judges that he has appeared in front of have come to him for legal advice and referred their family members to him for representation.
Chris has a simple philosophy, fight hard for worthy people and worthy causes. His personality and dedication set the tone for his firm providing a warm and reassuring environment where clients are put at ease while being treated as if they are family. He has developed a state of the art law center in The Dolan Building which includes a one of a kind courtroom where the firm can undertake careful study and examination of difficult legal challenges and perfect winning strategies. His dedication to the law, and to his clients, is unparalleled.
Mr. Dolan founded The Dolan Law firm in 1995 and has managed its growth from a sole proprietorship to a group of eight attorneys and 16 staff members now located in The Dolan Building in downtown San Francisco. He is widely recognized as a skilled, aggressive, effective advocate for the rights of injured people and those who have been treated unlawfully in the workplace.
Mr. Dolan serves as a Board Member of the Consumer Attorneys of California, The San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, and the San Francisco Motorcycle and Scooter Coalition. He is a member of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a nationwide group of trial lawyers whose advocacy has resulted in settlements and/or verdicts in one or more cases with an individual value in excess of $1,000,000.
He is a frequent lecturer on legal issues such as governmental liability, dangerous conditions of public property, jury selection, the use of experts, employment law, and municipal transit system litigation. He is often recruited by other attorneys to handle difficult and challenging cases.
Mr. Dolan has tried lawsuits against some of the largest governmental entities such as the State of California, The City and County of San Francisco; the largest Insurance companies such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, AAA, State Farm, and Mercury; as well as Fortune 500 Companies such as United Airlines therein obtaining significant results for his clients.
Mr. Dolan has authored numerous scholarly legal articles that have been published in FORUM magazine and TRIAL Magazine. He has had his writings included in academic texts used by legal practitioners in the field. He has participated in drafting laws to protect consumers' rights to a fair trial and regularly appears as a witness before the California State Legislature.
Mr. Dolan is an avid motorcyclist having ridden over 250,000 miles throughout five countries. He is a photographer as well as an author.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Age Discrimination
- Americans with Disabilities Act -- Employee
- Animal Bites -- Plaintiff
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Class Actions
- Complex Litigation
- Disability & Illness Discrimination
- Elder Law
- Employee Rights -- Employee
- Employment Discrimination -- Employee
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) -- Employee
- Federal Trial Practice
- Freedom of Speech
- Litigation & Appeals
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Municipal Employment -- Employee
- National Origin Discrimination
- Nursing Home
- Police Misconduct
- Premises Liability -- Plaintiff
- Prisoners' Rights
- Products Liability Law
- Property Damage -- Plaintiff
- Race Discrimination
- Railroad Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Religious Discrimination
- Search & Seizure Protections
- Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment -- Employee
- Slip and Fall -- Plaintiff
- State Trial Practice
- Wage & Hour Laws -- Employee
- Whistleblower -- Employee
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Wrongful Death -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Termination -- Employee
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of The Coif
- Honors: Dean's Award
- Law Review: The American Criminal Law Review, Executive Editor
- Boston University, London, England
- Honors: First Scholar
- Major: Management
- Boston University
- B.S. magna cum laude
- Honors: Scarlet Key
- Honors: The Dean's Award
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation ? Plaintiffs, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2014
- Top 100 California Attorney, The Daily Journal, 2010
- Northern California Super Lawyers, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Top 100, Super Lawyers, 2007
- Top 500 Attorney, LawDragon, 2007
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, 2006
- Consumer Trial Lawyer of the Year -- California
- California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY) Award